How will CCUS reinforce the European steel industry? CATO/ECN event announced!
On 19-20 April 2017, CATO and ECN will co-host the two-day conference ‘Reducing the carbon footprint of the steel industry’.
The steel sector is one of the largest industrial emitters of CO2, and it is likely to remain dependent on fossil fules. For that reason, actions to reduce the emissions are both urgent and will be of relevance for a long time to come.
The preliminary programme includes the following confirmed parties:
- Presentations by Tata, ArcelorMittal, RIST, ECN, MEFOS, IEA-GHG, CRI, Masdar
- An interactive closing session with GCCSI, Nova institute, Worldsteel, TKI-Gas
- Various technological and scientific visits
- Presentations of the latest results from the European funded Horizon 2020 projects, STEPWISE and FReSMe, as well as from many initiatives worldwide.
- An interactive session will also focus on policies to support decarbonization efforts, while maintaining competitiveness and innovation in the European steel sector.
Furthermore, an exciting social programme is being planned, allowing conference participants to ‘break-out’ and join CATO and ECN on a visit to a unique part of the Netherlands, the ‘Zaanse Schans’ in Zaandam.
The conference is being partly held in Zaandam (15 mins from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport), and at ECN’s location in Petten (transport will be provided).
More detail programme information and free registration, you will find at the website of CATO.