The transition to a Sustainable Energy System
One of the greatest challenges of our time is the transition towards a sustainable energy system, based on renewable energy sources. We believe this transition is urgent, possible and already in progress. ECN dedicates our passion and resources to research and development activities for this topic.
Two high priority areas include:
- BIOMASS: We believe that biomass has a crucial role to play both as renewable energy source as well as a sustainable replacement for fossil fuel based materials & components.
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY: We believe that improving the energy & component efficiency of existing industrial processes is ‘a hidden fuel’ and can make a major contribution to transitioning to a sustainable energy system.
ECN works with like-minded companies, citizens & governments so that we can accelerate the transition and make it as effective and efficient as possible. JOIN US!
ECN at Industrial Technologies 2016
Industrial Technologies is the largest networking conference in the field of new production technologies, materials, nanotechnology, biotechnology and digitalisation in Europe and will take place on 22-24 June 2016 in RAI Amsterdam.
The conference brings together research, industry, education, finance and policy from manufacturing and process industry and technology domains from all over Europe to identify priorities that are crucial to strengthen the European industrial innovation ecosystem.
Launch virtual reality movie
During Industrial Technologies 2016 ECN will showcase a new virtual reality 360⁰ film showing some of the facilities & infrastructure for ECN’s industrial energy efficiency activities.
As Silver partner ECN makes a significant contribution to the event:
- Visit us in our booth number 2 – And make a virtual tour through our lab facilities
- A workshop on industrial energy agility on Thursday 23rd at 10.00-12.00 focusing on the opportunities for power to heat, power to chemicals and other electrification options. See the whitepaper about electrification.
- A workshop on Thursday 23rd at 13.30-15.30 on ‘gasification enabled biomass valorisation; driving the sustainability & energy transition’
For more information about the event, the programme and to register to join the workshops and visit us in our booth on the exhibition, visit www.industrialtechnologies2016.eu.
ECN and Biomass
ECN’s research and technology in the field of biomass is focused on two areas: bioenergy and biorefinery. Want more info? Download the brochure on bioenergy, read more about ECN’s Biomass research programme or see our expertise page.
ECN and Energy Efficiency
ECN plays a prominent role in the development of sustainable technologies and knowledge in the field of energy efficiency, enabling industrial processes to be used more efficiently. To be able to meet ambitious targets, innovations in energy efficiency are necessary. ECN develops knowledge and technology for energy efficiency innovations in industrial processes.