Solar Energy technology and knowledge exchange
ECN’s Solar Energy research is part of the Top Consortium for Solar Energy Knowledge and Innovation (Solar Energy TKI). This research is entirely demand-driven.
The goals for the research in the Solar Energy TKI are:
- To increase the contribution of solar energy to the power supply in the Netherlands and the EU (4 to 8 gigawatt in 2020)
- To maximise the economic benefits of an expanding solar energy sector in the Netherlands (7,500 jobs and a two-billion-euro turnover in 2020)
ECN Sun programme lines
The ECN Solar Energy research plan is based on a number of strategic focus areas which were drawn up in consultation with the business sector in 2013. The plan uses Product-Market Combinations to concentrate on two specific programme lines:
1. Technologies for generating solar energy
- Wafer-based silicium PV technologies
- Thin-film PV technologies
2. Integration of solar energy systems
You can read more about this subject on ECN’s Solar Energy expertise page.
Interested in more energy research programmes for knowledge and technology development? Read more in the following fields: